Please read the following
before using this site
What's in these terms?
Welcome to CreateBritain®, a site that is committed to providing a hub for those working in the creative industry and people looking for creative services. These terms tell you the rules for using our website www.CreateBritain.com (our site).
Click on the links below for more information:
- Who we are and how to contact us.
- What we offer you.
- By using our site you accept these terms.
- There are other terms that may apply to you.
- We may make changes to these terms.
- We may make changes to our site.
- We may suspend or withdraw our site.
- Our site is only designed for users based in the UK.
- What you need to know if you promote services or advertise jobs on the site.
- You must keep your account details safe.
- How you may use material on our site.
- Do not rely on information on our site.
- We are not responsible for websites we link to.
- User-generated content is not approved by us.
- Fees and payment.
- Cancellation policy.
- Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you.
- How we may use your personal information
- Rules about uploading content to our site.
- Rights you are giving us to use material you upload.
- We are not responsible for viruses and you must not introduce them.
- Rules about linking to our site.
- Which country's laws apply to any disputes?
- Our trade-marks are registered.
www.CreateBritain.com is a site operated by Create Britain Partnership Limited ("We"). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 08370820 and have our registered office at Ashley House, The Street, Ashen, Sudbury, Suffolk, CO10 8JN. Our main trading address is Office E, Dales Brewery, Gwydir Street, Cambridge, CB1 2LJ.
We are regulated by The Information Commissioners Office and the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations.
We are a limited company.
To contact us, please email email@example.com
CreateBritain® provides a directory and promotional platform for People, Businesses, Organisations, Events and Services associated with Britain’s Creative Industry.
If you do not agree to these terms, you must not use our site.
We recommend that you print a copy of these terms for future reference.
You must be sixteen or older to use the Services.
- Our Privacy Notice
- Our Website Acceptable Use Policy, which sets out the permitted uses and prohibited uses of our site. When using our site, you must comply with this Acceptable Use Policy.
If you purchase goods from our site, our Terms and conditions of supply will apply to the sales.
We amend these terms from time to time. Every time you wish to use our site, please check these terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time.
We may update and change our site from time to time to reflect changes to the Services products, our users' needs and our business priorities.
We will try to give you reasonable notice of any major changes.
Aside from any paid Services, our site is made available free of charge.
We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of our site for business and operational reasons. We will try to give you reasonable notice of any suspension or withdrawal.
Our site is directed to people residing in the United Kingdom. We do not represent that content available on or through our site is appropriate for use or available in other locations.
These are the rules applying to services or job adverts which you post. You must make sure that the services or jobs requirements continue to apply and as such you are advised to check and amend or take them down, as necessary.
- your content complies with all laws and regulations applicable to advertisements and in particular the advertising of jobs;
- your content is true, accurate, current, complete and refers to genuine services or job opportunities;
- you will take down or cancel the relevant service or job advertisement through the platform immediately if the service is withdrawn or the relevant post fulfilled, or if any other part of the Content becomes inaccurate or non-current.
We exhibit job advertisements on our Services for a period of 1 month and will automatically take down such advertisements after that period unless you indicate to us that you wish to extend by a further period. To be clear, your obligation to take down or cancel the relevant job advertisement through the platform if any such job offer has been withdrawn or the position fulfilled remains throughout the period in which the relevant job advertisement is exhibited on our Services.
If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user identification code or password, you must promptly change your password or notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on our site.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our site must always be acknowledged.
If you are using the site as a consumer, you must not use any part of the content on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
The content on our site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our site.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our site is accurate, complete or up to date.
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. Such links should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked websites or information you may obtain from them.
We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
This website may include information and materials uploaded by other users of the site, including to bulletin boards and chat rooms. This information and these materials have not been verified or approved by us. The views expressed by other users on our site do not represent our views or values.
If you wish to complain about information and materials uploaded by other users please contact us on email@example.com.
This paragraph only applies if you use part of the Service that you agree to pay us for.
We will invoice you and require full payment prior to your use of the relevant part of the Service using one of the payment methods specified on the invoice.
We may offer certain Services by way of auction. If this is the case, you agree to abide by the Terms and Conditions stated to be relevant to auctions.
We do not generally offer a refund on charges paid by you for our services, nor do we offer credits where cancellation occurs before the end of a current subscription period.
We may provide a refund in the case of manifest error or mistake.
Further, nothing in this policy will affect your right to a refund where you are entitled to one at law.
For all cancellation and refund issues, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
17.1. Whether you are a consumer or a business user:
- We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- Different limitations and exclusions of liability will apply to liability arising as a result of the supply of any products to you, which will be set out in our Terms and conditions of supply.
17.2. If you are a business user:
- We exclude all implied conditions, warranties, representations or other terms that may apply to our site or any content on it.
- We will not be liable to you for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, our site; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on our site.
- In particular, we will not be liable for:
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
- You agree to defend, indemnify and hold us, our affiliates, officers, directors, employees, representatives, successors and assigns, harmless from any and all claims, liabilities, costs and expenses, including reasonable legal fees, arising in any way from your use or misuse of the Services, or the uploading, posting, publishing, e-mailing, reproduction, distribution or transmission of any content or other materials by you or users of the Services authorized by you or any violation of these Terms by you (including, but not limited to, any claim that your content infringes the rights of any third party).
17.3. If you are a consumer user:
- Please note that we only provide our site for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our site for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
- If defective digital content that we have supplied, damages a device or digital content belonging to you and this is caused by our failure to use reasonable care and skill, we will either repair the damage or pay you compensation.
We will only use your personal information as set out in our Privacy Notice.
Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload content to our site, or to make contact with other users of our site, you must comply with the content standards set out in our Website Acceptable Use Policy.
You warrant that any such contribution does comply with those standards, and you will be liable to us and indemnify us for any breach of that warranty. This means you will be responsible for any loss or damage we suffer as a result of your breach of warranty.
Any content you upload to our site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. You retain all of your ownership rights in your content, but you are required to grant us [and other users of our site] a limited licence to use, store and copy that content and to distribute and make it available to third parties. The rights you license to us are described in Rights you are giving us to use material you upload (clause 21).
We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to our site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
We have the right to remove any posting you make on our site if, in our opinion, your post does not comply with the content standards set out in our Website Acceptable Use Policy.
You are solely responsible for securing and backing up your content.
When you upload or post content to our site, you grant us the following rights to use that content:
- You grant us a limited licence for the royalty-free, unrestricted, world-wide, non-exclusive right and licence to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, distribute, perform and display your content (in whole or part), worldwide and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed. Such licence enables Us to feature or use your content via the Services and in promotional or marketing materials. You will remain responsible for the accuracy, copyright compliance, legality, decency, or any other aspect of your content.
- You also warrant that any 'moral rights' in posted materials have been waived. You acknowledge and agree that the display or use of your content shall be at our sole discretion and your content may or may not be included on the Services for any reason or no reason at all.
We do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform to access our site. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
Our site must not be framed on any other site.
We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
The website in which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out in our Website Acceptable Use Policy.
If you wish to link to or make any use of content on our site other than that set out above, please contact email@example.com
CreateBritain® is a UK registered trade mark of Create Britain Partnership Limited. You are not permitted to use it without our approval, unless they are part of material you are using as permitted under How you may use material on our site (clause 11).